from wikiHow - The How to Manual That You Can Edit
Have you ever had trouble with school because you simply couldn't figure out what to do for your science project?
- Do some research for a project. There are plenty of books and websites devoted to helping your science project be as easy as possible. They can provide you with ideas and instructions. This will help you a lot! If you're creative, make up your own idea. Ditch the overused baking soda volcano idea. Be aware, though, as this might not be the easiest thing to do because you're giving up step-by-step instructions.
- Choose a project and make sure it's something you're capable of. Rocket science is not an appropriate project for a 4th-grader. Just the same, if you're in high school, the teacher will not be impressed if you do a project on nail polish.
- Work with a partner if at all possible. Voilą, you both instantly split your work in half! And as the saying goes, two heads are better than one. However, be sure to pick a reliable partner. It's a pain if your partner refuses to do any work.
- Start as early as possible! As with all projects, the earlier you start, the better off you'll be. If you finish a week early, you have a whole worry-free week. Imagine how difficult it would be if you had to do it all in one night.
- Decorate your posterboard a little. Not every letter has to be outlined with glitter and sequins, but a little extra effort goes a long way. It's simple too! Teachers do care about appearance, and they might be willing to give a few extra credit points if your project looks nice and neat.
- The night before it's due, make sure you have everything you need. It would be AWFUL if you got points knocked off because you left something at home. This should only take a minute or two. Then get a good night's sleep. That wasn't so hard, was it?
- Do your best! Usually teachers know what level you're on. If you aim to go a notch higher, despite whether or not that might be better than someone else, they will most likely give you a good grade.
- Some teachers may not allow partner work.
- Try not to overdo it.
- If you're entering a science fair, never, ever consider cheating.
Article provided by wikiHow, a wiki how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to Make a Fairly Easy Science Project. All content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons license.